I passionately believe in a user centred design process and that the most innovative ideas are derived from insight and research.
Customer experiences should be innovative, beautiful and connected. I help teams look at the wider context and identify the end user's goals and needs. I get under the skin of the client to help ensure creative proposals fulfil their business objectives whilst also solving the needs of the end user. For the best experiences, strategic planning is needed to ensure both of these needs are met.
I'm a passionate believer in User Centred Design approaches. The best insights in my mind, are derived from the end users, customers and consumers of products and services. For me, ethnographic research methods are my passion, I believe that you have to get outside the lab and into your users environment to fully understand their needs.
- I facilitate creative workshops to help solve client briefs and even develop new concepts for business development.
- I'm a fan of gamestorming techniques, which allows teams to move past the standard brainstorming methods and develop more ideas, faster and more efficiently.
- I create illustrated user journeys and wireframes to help communicate design ideas to stakeholders.
Working in the digital sector, I identify and exploit technological trends for client projects. I am experienced in sourcing new technologies, building relationships with innovative groups and driving innovation. Also:
- I can operate and maintain 3D printers and create CAD models for prototyping and printing.
- I have a keen interest and understanding of NFC technology, how it use it for projects and campaigns, and even use it around the home to quickly change settings or set alarms. I took part in the UK’s first NFC hackathon in 2012 and was in one of 4 winning teams.
- I’ve taken an interesting in coding, which I am learning in my spare time. I understand the structure of the internet and how this affects SEO rankings.
- In another life I would have been an IT technician. I’m generally pretty awesome with computers, from building them from scratch to solving network issues.
I began my career in client services, helping to manage the account of one of the world’s largest auto manufacturer. This ranged from:
- Preparing budgets and costing jobs
- Managing client relationships
- Creating and implementing work processes
- Generally solving problems with Google and an American Express card